Top Social

Lifestyle Beauty Fashion Illustration

2016 TIFF Suite with beautyBOUTIQUE and Phyto Paris | A day of Pampering In Downtown Toronto

Monday, September 19, 2016



You can always tell when the Toronto International Film Festival comes to town each year. All the hype surrounding new films, talented actors, and of course the fashion! It seems that everywhere you look TIFF is the talk of the town.  

A few weeks ago, Sachie and I made our way downtown Toronto on a particularly nice day in the city. We walked down the ever so trendy King Street West, towards the Spoke Club, where we were welcomed into a very fancy showroom full of amazing goodies for us to indulge in. Hair and makeup stations with professional artists were set up in the inviting room, and we were welcome to indulge in some pampering.  
Keep reading below to see the makeup I had done, the experience I had, and of course my #OOTD!... 




   When we first arrived we were greeted and told we could have our makeup done, our hair done, or both. I opted for just getting my makeup done since I was rocking the high bun that day and was feeling the look! We were led to tables that were enveloped with various Stila products and introduced to our makeup artists. 



  Semi Dramatic Look With Stila  


The makeup artists were absolutely lovely! We made great small talk about new trends coming this winter and raved about glitter. I used to hate anything with glitter in it, but I can't get enough of it right now. We decided that a semi dramatic look would compliment my outfit and appeal that day. Usually when I get my makeup done, the makeup artist will go for a Kardashian look (no complaints) so it was refreshing to get something a bit different that day! 



 I wore a very basic makeup that day, just a small wing with mascara and a bit of coverup, so the artist could have free reign. She first went in with Stila Stay All Day Foundation on my cheeks and nose, and anywhere she thought I needed a little more coverage. As someone who never wears foundation I was very surprised on how light it felt! They promised that it would last all day without creasing or fading, and after walking through Toronto in the bright sun and hear, I can vouch those promises are true. 


She then started to work on my eyes. She was very excited to dive into the Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Eye and Cheek palette in Tan/Deep. Since we talked about my love of glitter, she dove into the colour Adventurous, which is a shimmery copper colour. I had already done my winged eyeliner, so using the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner she helped define and lengthen what was already there. To finish the look she put a darker nude shade called Bon Bon from the Stila Stay All Day MATTE'ificent lipstick collection








  In contrast to my look Sachie got a dewy natural look! You can check out what her makeup looked like here. While we were getting our makeup done, we were asked if we wanted any prosecco, and I have to say, the addition of a fancy tall glass of sparkling wine really made me feel like a celeb! 



We walked around looking at the different products featured at various tables. I was especially excited about the table set up for Rihannas new fragrance Crush. The perfume is described as  mysterious, sexy and provocative scent that breaks down barriers and is setting new rules; strong, empowering, unapologetic and confident. I personally really like it because of the light floral-ish sweet scent. It's something I really look forward to using!

Fresh notes of bergamot, juicy mandarin and bright pink pepper create the opening and lead to the floral - fruity heart. Pink rose blends with spicy ylang-ylang, complemented by sweet and sour red berries aroma. The base ends with woody notes of sexy patchouli, creamy musk and cedar


 Outfit of the Day  



I'm the kind of girl who spends a long time trying to get outfits together and will end up changing them at least 3 or 4 times before I'm totally happy. I wanted something light and airy for the day as I knew it was going to be warm, but didn’t want to sacrifice my staple colour of black. 




I chose this loose long sleeved top from Zara because of how breathable the fabric is, and the sheek cut out on the back. Pairing it with a vintage floral skirt was a simple way to make the outfit feel casual without losing the formal appeal of the top. 


Finally for accessories I wore my favorite peek-a-boo booties from Forever21 and my stylish purse from Call It Spring.

 Have you tried any of these products before? Let me know below :)  

Until next time, 

-Emily


*I was invited to this event and featured items are press samples. 

Post Comment
Post a Comment