Top Social

Lifestyle Beauty Fashion Illustration

September 2016 Favourite Beauty | Emilys Makeup Bag

Friday, September 30, 2016


I'm pretty picky about my makeup. I have a signature winged eyeliner that has to be crisp, and my lips have to be that perfect shade. Lucky for me, this month I've hit makeup gold in many different ways! September was all about trying out new things, and I'm happy I took some risks. Lets get right into it with the eye products I've been obsessed with this month! ~ 


Eye Products | The perfect smokey fall look  



I have a signature wing that I've been rocking since I was probably 15. Note it probably wasn’t that great looking back then, but I take pride in having the sharpest wing possible everyday. I have been using the essence waterproof eyeliner pen for months but found they dried out so quickly, so I began my hunt to find the perfect felt tip eyeliner that wouldn’t dry out so quickly AND give good coverage. 


Walk in Hard Candy Stroke Of Gorgeous. Guys, this eyeliner is heaven sent for a broke student like me. It's everything that you would ever want in an eyeliner ( nice and dark, inky, long lasting- like REALLY long lasting, waterproof, and doesn’t dry out quickly) in an inexpensive package. I've been using this one for the full month of September and it has shown no sign of drying out. 



Before I put on any eyeshadow, I always prime my lids to make sure I don’t get any nasty creases. Ive been using this Smashbox eyeshadow primer recently, and it seems to do the trick! I like that a little can really go a long way, meaning this product is really an investment to anyone's makeup bag. 



Since its now fall, I've been trying to incorporate some reds into my makeup, and this creame eyeshadow from The Este Edit in the colour Scarlet Eclipse is the perfect shade for autumn. I like to lightly dab the deep red on the outer corners of my eyes and put some of the glitter on the inner corner. It really adds a smokey deep look without being too dramatic. 

Eyebrows | Get those Brows on FLEEK


  
A little secret...I actually don’t have any eyebrows. Ok, well I do, but they're very blonde and basically non existent to the human eye. I dye my brows at least once every 3-4 weeks to make sure that they are visible, and it makes filling them in waaaay less tedious. If you'd like to see a blog post about how I dye my brows leave a comment below! To fill them in I usually use an eyebrow pencil, and this month I fell upon the NYX Microbrow Pencil. It's very similar to other eyebrow pencils I've used in the past in that it has a waxy consistency that helps attach the colour to your brows. Overall it gives good coverage to fill in the odd spots, and I really enjoy the brush on the end.  


Lips | Give Them a Kiss Without Giving Them Your LIpstick  



The world of liquid lipstick has been revealed to me and I'm oh so happy it has! I love lipstick but hate having to re-apply it all the time after eating or drinking. This lipstick solves that and many other problems!  ColourPop's Ultra Matte Lip in the colour Bumble has been my everyday lipstick for the past month. It's such a beautiful shade described as a - dusty warm terracotta, that goes with any look any time of the day. It also stays on like you wouldn’t believe. I went out for a whole night a few weeks ago, ate crepes, had drinks, even shared a kiss or two with my boyfriend and this lipstick did not budge.  

Perfume | Smelling Sweet  



I love sweet and floral perfumes. I think they smell so friendly and anyone who smells like flowers MUST be a nice person right? Pear Blossom by Tommy Hilfiger is one of those perfumes I can imagine Emma Watson must wear, so sweet and charming! This is definitely a day time scent that I like to spritz on right before I walk out the door. Not to mention how cute is the bottle with that little bow?  

-fruity-floral-oriental aromas built around pear blossom, neroli and raspberry in top notes. A heart beats in rhythm of sandalwood and cedar, ensuring strength and dynamics in the composition. Base notes close with tonka beans, davana, cinnamon and whipped cream, perfect for warm, tender and divine gentleness. 


Let me know in the comments what your go to makeup products are this month! 

Until next time, -Emily

Post Comment
Post a Comment